Saturday, March 30, 2013

Examples of direct speech (imperative) converted into indirect speech


Ten examples of direct speech (imperative) converted into indirect speech
a.       They asked him “Dont disturb us”
They asked him not to disturb them
b.      Teacher said ”Dont be lazy”
Teacher said not to be lazy
c.       He told me “Dont go thee alone”
He told me not to go there alone
d.      She told him “Dont wait for me”
She told him  not to wait for her
e.       She told me “dont touch my notebook”
She told me not to touch her notebook
f.       The teacher said to students “Be quite”
The teacher said to students to be quite
g.      Mother asked John “Pay attention to what I say”  
Mother asked John to pay attention to what she says.
h.      He asked her “Speak loudly”
He asked her to speak loudly
i.        She said “Wait until I come”
She said to wait until she comes
j.        She asked her “Back it tomorrow”
She asked her to back it tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment